Call Me Joan

What's in a name? "Joan" might be bland, it might be exciting - it all depends on the context. Read on for my own little unique take on the universe and watch me try to figure out what face I want to present to the world each day.

Monday, December 06, 2004

Untitled (with a side of gremlins)

No coherent thoughts right now, so I'm not sure what's going to come out of my ramblings. We'll see, I guess. There was so much packed into the last week, and now I'm just decompressing from all of it. Much of it isn't for public consumption, either. So there's not a lot of zip in my snippy remarks tonight - I'm pretty wiped out.

But Mom, stop worrying about me. Rome wasn't built in a day. You just gotta wait it out sometimes. A nice long nap and some extra sleeping in wouldn't hurt either.

I have half an hour in which to make up my mind whether or not I'm going to karate tonight. I should go, and at the moment I'm pretty sure I will. And after that, it's time to make more kitty food! Mmm.. chicken guts... (maybe I'll get duck just to try it? The little guys seem to be kinda bored with the food these days.) Gooey, therapeutic chicken guts.

Huh there's a program on ABC News right now about how sleep deprivation messes with the hormones that govern food cravings. The more tired you are, the more you want to eat junk food. Interesting, especially if you factor in the key idea that stress contributes to sleep deprivation. Get stressed, sleep less, eat more crap. Nasty cycle. (Sure we already knew that people pig out when stressed, or have trouble sleeping when stressed, so it makes sense, but the new idea here is that lack of sleep alone can make you want to pig out.) Kinda glad I'm not being affected by it right now... I won't be going to sleep tonight until after the kitty food is done!

In other news, Bullet says I'm a great sister. Thanks, B :) You're a pretty great brother yourself. I wish I hadn't been so intimidated by you when I was growing up. But face it, you're pretty darn cool. (And you were all that with a slice of ham in college.) So be prepared - I'm going to hit you up on AIM more often. Like right now, for example, since you're on. :)

Wow, I'm impressed with my lack of clear thinking in this post. I did warn you, at least.

Oh, I semi-rocked at work again today. Not full-blown rocked, because there are some nasty gremlins defacing my database that I can't seem to kill, but I did manage to make them run and hide for a while. (Here's how I explained it, programming term-free, to HV: Imagine you drive yourself to the store, get out of your car, lock the door, and go shop. You come back out an hour later and you can't unlock the door - for some reason, the key doesn't work. Try as you might, the door won't unlock, and neither will the trunk. So you sit there for a few minutes wondering if it's worth breaking a window, when you try your key again and - for no apparent reason - this time it works. And there's nothing mechanically different with either the key or lock. Why? I have no idea. Something going wonky with the lock, but I can't figure out what...) Anyway, the day was saved and my stuff went into production relatively smoothly after that. Yay me.

Aww, one kitty on the monitor and the other on my lap. Nice and warm and fuzzy, too. Wish I didn't have to get up... He's so cute when he's not meowing non-stop.

Guess I better go get ready for le karate. Because I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and gosh darn it, people like me. (They like HV too. She just wishes "they" consisted of more hockey players. :)

--J.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home