Call Me Joan

What's in a name? "Joan" might be bland, it might be exciting - it all depends on the context. Read on for my own little unique take on the universe and watch me try to figure out what face I want to present to the world each day.

Thursday, December 09, 2004

I Owe You One, Bullet & Mr. Accuracy

I am the happiest Joan in the world right now. And Bullet, Mr. Acc, I am on my knees, thanking you guys for being lacrosse players so I could grow up knowing the hip lax terms like "middie", and for getting me my own stick (even though Johnny Lewis broke it), and for allowing me to be able to name-drop Richie Moran and Dom Starsia in a conversation, and to talk about how you taped over my oh-so-prized Star Wars tape with the Syracuse-Hopkins NCAA finals that one time. I thought I'd never get over it, but all of a sudden, it's become a thing of beauty. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

They say everything happens for a reason...... You wouldn't think having your favorite tape get wiped by your brother for a freakin' lacrosse game when you were 10 would be one of them, but apparently, the lord really does work in mysterious ways.

I love you guys. And I apologize for being a brat when I was little. I didn't realize how crucial all of it would be later...

--Joan the Obscure, for now

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home